Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Treasures

Happy New Year! I just had to throw that out to you all, since I haven't posted since last year. I hope you are all healthy and happy and doing what you love. I try to do what I love, but you know how it is... one has to make a living, so in my SPARE time I do business consulting. Now on to the what I love.....

I think everyone is aware of the fact that I love jewelry... if not, have you read my Bio? Anyway, along with handcrafting jewelry, I also love to buy and sell vintage jewelry. It all started when I wanted to acquire vintage beads for my crafting purposes. I managed to procure some vintage items and lo and behold, I could not take them apart! I had an appreciation for the original work of art and felt it would be sacrilege to ruin a perfectly good piece of jewelry, albeit an old one. It was during this time that I discovered an addiction to online auctions. Not to go off on a tangent, but you can imagine the amount of money I spent on my obsession!

Over the course of several years, I have amassed quite a booty of vintage jewelry. I did sell a few pieces here and there on Ebay, but mostly I could not bear to part with my treasures. I sorted them by type and placed each one in a plastic baggie. From time to time, I would pull them out and admire the sheer beauty. I conducted countless hours of research on the web to learn about the styles, designers and history of these pieces. Last summer, I finally got wise and started auctioning them off more seriously. It takes a lot of work, however, and being that I also have another job in my "spare" time, I still have plenty of inventory.

In the spirit of sharing, I thought I would post some pictures of my treasures for you to peruse. Hopefully you will appreciate them, as well!

Until next time,

Kittie =^..^=

1 comment:

  1. Your not shopping anymore? It's hard to find vintage items in Las Vegas that aren't outrageously priced. I love your pieces. I remember shopping with my mother in the late 80's in thrift stores when the prices were just a couple of bucks for vintage jewelry.

    ReplyDelete